From Oxon to Bucks

Tales of a housewife, mother of three no longer in Oxfordshire (Oxon), now in Buckinghamshire (Bucks).

My Photo
Name:
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

01 March 2006

Is it cos I is MAC?



I would like to express my disgust in the continuous discrimination against MAC users.

We received a fantastic iSight webcam from my loving brother and sister-in-law for Christmas, which wasn't cheap I might add. However, we have not been able to successfully conference between our MAC and their PC with both video and audio. Not with MSN Messenger, not with AIM, not with Yahoo Messenger, and not even with other crappy programs like Yak which froze everyone's computer.

Okay, I admit we didn't want to contribute to the corporate greed of Microsoft and went with Apple, but do we deserve to be silenced by your non-compatible software?

No! So what am I going to do about it?

Well, nothing. I am going to sit here and pout and wave silently to my family.

8 Comments:

Blogger tetricus said...

Full Duplexing turned on? (on the Sound Card)

04 March, 2006 07:15  
Blogger Jill said...

All programmes state they are not fully MAC compatible "at this time" except AOL's iChat which PC users would have to subscribe to.

They all suck!

05 March, 2006 18:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're talking about.Ha-Ha! I would like everyone to know that I stayed far away from Park Avenue today and in 30 minutes I will have made it through another day. I did go a little crazy at Burlington Coat Factory-Oh Well! Jill-I hope you and yours are well-Sean-Belated Happy Birthday Wishes-Love,Molly
Is this comment too long?Sorry I'm an inexperienced blogger.

13 March, 2006 04:36  
Blogger Jill said...

Molly, you're completely nuts! I don't know what you're talking about. Park Avenue?

cuckoo, cuckoo

13 March, 2006 09:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill-It was the St. Paddy's Day Parade on Sunday-Something I used to live for!I thought about going and having a soda-Yeah right!!!

16 March, 2006 17:14  
Blogger Seagor said...

I knew what you meant by Park Ave....But I still think your insane!

16 March, 2006 23:52  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh, that's right - it's St. Patrick's Day. Good girl!

17 March, 2006 08:34  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jill, shall we start a campaign to make everyone treat MAC users fairly?? I want to download the Ikea Kitchen Planner, but can't because I's MAC!

30 March, 2006 21:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home