From Oxon to Bucks

Tales of a housewife, mother of three no longer in Oxfordshire (Oxon), now in Buckinghamshire (Bucks).

My Photo
Name:
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom

08 May 2008

Counting Down the Days

We've booked our holiday! 52 days to go. We're going to Center Parcs in the Netherlands.

We are driving there because we must be mental. It will take about 3 hours this side to Dover to catch the ferry to Calais, France and about 3 hours the other side. We won't drive straight through though, on our way there I think we're going to stay over in Bruges, Belgium and maybe Brussels on the way back. So it should be fun squashed in the car, all 5 of us! I'll have to squeeze in between the girls' car seats in back to try and keep them happy. In my mind we will plan it just right, around their nap times, but I think we all know it won't happen that way.

We wanted to book a family holiday when Myles finished school because he gets out early, it being his last year. It tends to be cheaper when the kids are in school but we looked at Center Parcs here and it wasn't such a bargain, so we decided to go to the Netherlands instead because it's loads cheaper... and we'll get to see some places we've never been.

And maybe we'll have a shmoke and a pancake while we're there...


2 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

I've had to change my post, I've discovered that "Holland" is actually a region in The Netherlands and that it's commonly misused similar to referring to the whole of Great Britain as "England."

09 May, 2008 09:50  
Blogger Winter Park Fords said...

Have a great trip! We're leaving to see Angelo on May 28. 24 hours and 8 minutes in the air. Can't wait! Love, Donna

11 May, 2008 14:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home